Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wagg Creek Park Riparian Restoration

We're working with CNV on restoring Wagg Creek Park's riparian area, starting with where the creek daylights at 22nd St/Chesterfield down to the 22nd Street footbridge, accessed by Mahon Ave. Invasives: Ivy, blackberry, lamia.

This week I'm working there 12:30PM -2:30PM as long as it's not pouring rain. Join me if you can. Please bring your own tools (clipper and shovel and/or trowel).

Work Party in Wagg Creek Park - Thursday May 19th, 10:30AM

Calling streamkeepers to come and help fight blackberry invasion! Blackberry removal/floodplain restoration behind Driftwood Co-Housing will be an ongoing project, starting NEXT WEEK! Contact me at forcarolynne@shaw.ca if you're joining. Bring your own tools.

Blackberry work party at Wagg Creek Park starting 10:30AM Thursday May 26th behind Driftwood Co housing. Please email me (as per above post) if you can help!

Carolynne will you be having another invasive removal at Wagg Creek?  I would like to come and help.

Awesome thanks Jennifer! The next blackberry session in Wagg Creek Park is tentatively scheduled for June 13th Monday, 10:30AM. You and all streamkeepers welcome!

On Monday July 11th, I'm packing a picnic lunch and lawn chair and doing a full day of invasive work at 22nd/Chesterfield in Wagg Creek Park! Join me if you can. It's supposed to be beautiful out!!

Invasives removal at 22nd/Chesterfield this week on Tues eve (19th) and Thurs evening (21st) 6-8PM. Volunteers needed!!

This coming Sunday August 14th from 10AM am to 1pm we will be working with the City of North Van to remove some invasive blackberry bushes at Wagg Creek Park north of 21st St. This area has been identified as high value by the City as the creek has room to carve there if we can get rid of the invasives.
The City is providing the tools and there is quite a lot to do so the more people the better.  Tell your friends!  Even if you can just come for an hour the help would be appreciated.
Please contact forcarolynne@shaw.ca if you are coming with size of your party to ensure enough tools. Come to Wagg Creek Park and join the fun!

Join Our Next Meeting!

Wednesday, May 15, 2024
7:00-9:00 PM
Location: Mollie Nye House (basement), 940 Lynn Valley Rd, North Vancouver